Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Higher-Rep Volume PRs. Week 6. Session A.

sRPE @8
BW - 218

Squat - up to 315X1 @7

Leg Press - up to 4ppsX7 @10

Press - up to 145X1 @9.5

Push Press - up to 155X1 @8

A good deal of low back discomfort has crept in the last couple of days, and it made Squats pretty difficult.  I'd hoped to work up to something fairly heavy today, but it took several warm-ups just to be able to get to 315 so I called it there.

No problem on Leg Press or any of the other movements.  I worked up on Leg Press to set a baseline for training that movement next block.  I was mentally a bit wiped from working through back pain on Squats and maxing Leg Press, so I just worked up on the Press movements.

Pretty good block on Press.  I finished last block and started this one with an e1RM ~130.  I think having multiple singles plus the overload movement were helpful.  Not an earth-shaking idea, but this is the first time I've truly overloaded Press so it was nice to see a promising result.  At the least, I think it made me more comfortable with heavier weight in my hands on the set-up.

No comments: