Thursday, September 22, 2022

BBM General S+C Block 1. Cycle 1. Session B.

sRPE @7
BW - 205

Paused Swiss Bar Bench - up to 160X5 @7.5

Leg Press - up to 270X8 @~6.5

Tempo Lever Shrugs (myo-reps) - 200X17 w/straps, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 @~7

Copenhagen Planks - BWX11, 11 @~7

Got my COVID booster and flu shot the day before this session, and I was WIPED OUT.  I expect a lot of these numbers to jump next week if I'm feeling more normal.

Was originally going to do Paused Close Grip Bench on this day, but made a last minute decision to switch to the Swiss Bar.  Trying to commit to exploring unfettered low-specificity this block.

Similarly, I was going to do Chest-Supported Rows, but decided to do machine shrugs instead.  I've been dealing with nagging trap achiness the last couple of blocks, and want to see if a little burst of direct trap training can make a positive difference. 

Copenhagen Planks were weirdly strong out of the gate.

No comments: