Tuesday, September 20, 2022

BBM General S+C Block 1. Cycle 1. Session A.

sRPE @6.5
BW - 208

Reverse Safety Bar Squats - up to 250X5 @~8

Low Incline Bench - up to 135X8 @7.5

Press - up to 105X8 @7.5

Band-Assisted Nordic Curls - BWX6, 6 @?8?

Several days off for vacation plus being totally over the Powerbuilding template.  I really ran myself into the ground on that one.  Plan was always to do the General S+C template after that to get a bigger dose of variety.  I almost bailed entirely and wrote up my own new program.  But I decided to try out this small shift instead.  I suspect a lot of it is on me to not only accept that weights won't go up every week, but also to check in with myself during the session and ask, "that was kind of heavy.  if I go up and do another set, how will the rest of the sets / session / day go for me?"

This session, once I got in the ballpark of @8+, I called it good.

I was going to do regular SSB for this block.  However, I struggled so much doing Front Squats in the last block because of grip issues, that I thought I'd give Reverse SSB a try.  I'd only messed around with these once in a Pivot block.  More upright than SSB, which is the idea.  Easier to execute than Front Squat (for me), but harder than regular SSB.  Getting into position is tricky because you have to push the pads forward to get your shoulders into them and that means your feet are behind you at the start, then you get your shoulders positioned, and THEN find your foot position.  At that point, the balance is a little trickier because the weight is "floating" above your shoulders a bit, but not too bad.

Nordic Curls: Thought maybe I'd be able to get a couple of those unassisted, but NOPE.

No comments: