Friday, March 29, 2013

LRB 365: 100 Reps. Week 5. Squat

BW - 196

Squat -
BarX10 (paused)
95X5 (paused)
135X5
155X4
175X3
195X2
205X1
235X1, 1

Cable Rows - X70, 30

Lunges - BWX50, 20, 20, 10

Ab Wheel - 4 sets of 10

Weighted Vest - 35 minutes; walking

Nice session.  Squats still strong and moving with confidence.  So much so that I started toying with my form a little.  I haven't worried about my elbow/arm alignment in a while, but this session I started trying to get in the groove of keeping them pointed down to help keep my chest out.  The mental cue that seemed to help here was thinking aobut trying to bring them down alongside my hip-joints.

Cable rows felt really good today. 

Lunges, however, were a real asshole after the first hill-sprints of the year the day before.  Really brutal.

Had some time before the bus would be along, so I threw in some ab wheel.  I expect a real unwelcome surprise on the next phase when there are lots of sit-ups in the BW ladders.  Gonna try and at least get some wheel in every week to mitigate the coming disaster.

Walking felt great.  Really kind of digging it for the zone-out aspect right now.

No comments: