Thursday, May 8, 2014

Full Body. Week 1. Bench

BW - 207

Pause Squat -
BarX10
95X5
135X3
185X3
225X2
255X2, 2, 2

Bench -
BarX20
95X5
115X4
135X3
155X2
185X1
155X15

BB Complex - Clean, Front Squat, Push-Press, *Front-Squat
95X2; 7 sets

Super low energy today.  I managed to hit all the Pause Squats, but really had to psych myself up for Bench and grind out the 15th rep.  The bad knee didn't display anything like pain during the squats, but I could literally feel it pumping up with blood.  Maybe that means there's already a good deal of inflammation in there?

Even though I was so low energy today, this complex seems significantly hard than the other despite having "bigger" movements in it.  Could be the accumulated fatigue from this first full week of full body and conditioning training, though.

*Getting from the push-press to the front squat and then returning the bar to the floor continues to be awkward.  On the last couple of sets, I tried switching to back squat, but that was just okay.  I contemplated Overhead-Squats, but when I was at the press lockout, it just seemed like a bad idea, so I skipped it.

No comments: