Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Full Body. Week 1. Squat

BW - 207

Squat -
BarX10 (paused)
95X5 (paused)
115X5
135X5
155X4
185X3
225X10, 5

DB Bench - 60sX15, 12, 8, 8

BB Complex - RDL*, High-Pull, OHP, Row*
95X2; 14 sets

Knee is still bothering me.  Mostly it's achy when I wake up.  I can feel it when I'm exercising as well, but it's hard to tell if that's because of discomfort or because I'm hyper-aware of it.  Anyway, it's time to get back to work, so we'll just have to see.

225X10 is solid I believe while being scared of the knee.  14 reps is my all-time best with this weight.

I was only supposed to do 3 sets of DB Bench.  Oh, well.

Playing around with the complexes to see what feels right.  I'd originally programmed for 5 sets; increasing the reps per set every week.  But 5 sets of 2 here was just nothing, so I kept going until I felt worked and that was 14 sets.

* Strict OHP is the weak link in this chain, and I have to keep the weight down to be able to do it.  But the RDLs and Rows just felt ridiculous, and the High-Pulls weren't much harder.  After about 10 sets, I started pulling the RDL's with one-arm and switched from Rows to Cheat Curls.  I'll try this from the top next week.

No comments: