Sunday, October 1, 2023

Med.-Rep Volume PRs. Week 1. Session D.

sRPE @6.5
BW - 222

Deadlift - 
365X1 @6
275X6, 6, 6, 6 @~5

Dips - BWX8, 8, 8, 8 @~7

Banded Chins (medium band under knee) w/straps - BWX3, 3, 3, 3 @~7

Had to skip conditioning to make it to an event.

Dragging ass coming into the gym yesterday AM.  Was worried DL was going to be a shit-show even with the planned low-RPEs.  But after I got warmed up everything was fine.  

Dips are so explosive lately that I'm starting to wonder if they're too explosive?  Like is this a different movement now from weighted dips?

My hands were feeling beat up from DL, so I used straps on the Band Chins.  It was actually nice as I was able to really focus on my back, and it has responded by feeling fairly sore today!  So maybe I'll keep the straps on these for a while?

No comments: