Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Med.-Rep Volume PRs. Week 4. Session B.

sRPE @7.5
BW - 220

Chins - BWX3, 2, 2, 2 @9/8

BB Rows - 135X14, 10 @7.5/*

BB Curls - 65X11, 11, 11, 11 @6.5/8

DB OH Tate Press - 35sX11, 10 @ ~10

*I tweaked my back the day before on my first back-off set of Squats.  It felt fine heading into this session, and then I tweaked it again on my 2nd set of rows.  Bum-mer.

On Curls, this year I've been pushing my Volume PRs up to 4X20 before increasing weight.  However, the last few weeks pushing sets with 60 lbs. was right up against the wall as far as what I could handle, and I'm 99% sure I was about to bounce of the wall if I tried to push sets of 16.  I was already mentally and physically fatigued from the back tweaks, so I decided to increase weight and drop reps down to something more "get-able."  65 for 4 sets of 11 is a Volume PR.

With the back tweak, I was nervous about getting set up for the Hermano Press, so I messed around with seated DB OH Tate Press instead.  They were ok, but not my favorite. 

No comments: