Tuesday, August 28, 2018

HLM. Week 5. Day 1.

BW - 227

Squat -
360X5
290X5, 5, 5

Incline Close-Grip Bench - 180X5, 5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups (neutral grip) - BWX3, 3, 3

BB Rows - 185X5, 5, 5

Top set of Squats were too loosey-goosey.  Look ok on video, but felt too chaotic in the moment.  May need to take more care with my warm-ups to make sure I'm ready for these top sets.  Back-off sets were easy-peasy with the intensity and volume reduction to begin the new wave.  Top set and last back-off shown.


Inclines felt pretty good.  Obviously the back-off in intensity to begin the new wave makes them easier, but I think it also allows me to lock in some of the technical stuff I developed over the last wave.  Busy gym, so no good place to put the camera and grab video of these.

Had a light-bulb moment last week and realized that if supinated chins are bothering my wrist, but I don't want the volume reduction that comes with pronated, I should try neutral grip.  Haven't done these in a while and they felt GREAT.  Honestly, strength felt comparable to supinated despite a longer range of motion.  I was shooting for RPE 9 on all these, and probably could have gotten that extra rep on all of them.

Weird % programming thing that Rows this week are with the same weight as last week, but for less reps.  I didn't even notice that until I went to log the first set.  I guess I could have added 5 lbs. at that point, but whatevs.  Again, to busy in the gym to find a spot for video.

No comments: