Thursday, August 2, 2018

HLM. Week 1. Day 1.

BW - 228

Paused HB Squat - 225X5, 5, 5

Bench -
245X1
195X5, 5, 5, 5, 5

RDL - 295X5, 5

Ramp up week for my HLM program now that adductor feels good enough to get back to training Squats and DL.  Got some feedback from SS coaches Brent Carter and Michael Wolf on the design.

I don't think I've ever done Paused High Bar Squats, so...Rep PR!  I'm treating this session and the next as a sort of introduction to movements and program, and so didn't worry too much about pushing intensity.  This weight was fine, and I felt a bit worked afterwards.  Intensity will increase from here.  Last set shown.

I dropped the top set of Bench back 5 lbs. from last week's 5X1.  Again, treating the last two sessions of this week as a ramp up to the program.  195X5X5 felt like a solid work-weight, though.  Top set and last back-off set shown.


295X5 is a Rep PR on RDL.  This was the only movement where I was "going for something."  Straps help so much here, but I use "Oly" straps so this weight still stressed my grip a bit.  Still worth it to be able to feel out the more important details of the movement.  Filming the first set, I realized that the weight was swinging out when I initiate the concentric.  Cleaned it up a bit on the second set, but still not totally locked in.  I'm fairly certain this is because my knees are shooting forward, but I'm not positive on the cue to fix it yet.  Last set shown.

Getting back to only doing 3 movements in a session sure made it feel like I was getting out "early."

No comments: