Tuesday, August 7, 2018

HLM. Week 2. Day 1.

BW  - 227

Squat -
355X5
285X5, 5, 5

Incline Bench - 175X5, 5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups - BWX4, 3, 3

BB Rows - 175X5, 5, 5

The good belt that fits me got snagged by someone else, so I had to use one of those crappy tapered belts.  Pinched like a mofo.  Anyway, these Squats went okay.  I wish a set that's 50 lbs. off my best set of 5 felt a little stronger, but there it is.  Back-offs were easy even with the crap belt.  Adductor continues to just "pinch" coming out of the hole, but also continues to bother me outside the gym.  We'll see.  Top set and last back-off shown.


First time doing incline bench in over two years.  Because this is a curved bench, it took me some time to figure out my set-up.  When I pull my feet back under me like a regular bench, I end up arching up enough that it makes this basically a flat bench.  Putting my feet out in front helped keep the angle down a bit.  Grip here is "medium" or about half way between full bench and Press.  Definitely  made for a longer, triceps heavy stroke.  Last set shown.

Chins were about as strong as they've been lately.  I'm just going to focus on keeping them strict and leaving a rep in the tank, and they'll be what they'll be for a while.

Rows were very easy at this weight.  Had set these to be 50% of that week's DL top set weight, but I'm gonna up that to 55%.  Last set shown.

No comments: