Thursday, July 18, 2013

LRB 365: LRB Split. Week 6. Squat - Light

BW - 198

Fronts -
BarX10 (paused)
95X5
115X5
125X4
135X3
145X3
155X9

Leg Extensions - X20, 20, 18, 18 (straight-weight)

Standing Machine Abduction - 100X20, 10, 10, 10

Lunges - BWX46, 30, 28, 22

Nice one.  155X9 is an all-around PR on Front Squats.  Why didn't I get 10?  Can't remember.

This was the first time doing leg extensions at my regular gym.  I've only been going there for almost 3 years.  Just been that long since I was doing leg extensions.

The adduction/abduction machine at my regular gym is unfortunately placed so that it faces out onto the Squat/Deadlift/Olympic-Lift area.  The effect is that you are fanning those people with your groin.  That was just too much for me today.  I decided to go take a shot at this arcane, plate-loaded machine in the back that's been hand-labeled "Hip Ext."  I can't find a picture of this thing anywhere on the webs.  I'll try to remember to take a picture myself in the future.  I couldn't figure out a way to do standing abduction on this thing that didn't involve me standing half off of it, so I did adduction instead.  Kind of brutal actually, and I really feel it today.

Lunges were feeling strong as they have since the 100 rep cycle.  I think 46 after all the fronts squats and extensions definitely looks a lot stronger than the 50-60 I was getting on that cycle following easy back-squats.

No comments: