Monday, September 30, 2019

Block 8. Cycle 3. Session B.

BW - 226

Waist - 43.25"

Press -
135X1, 1 @8/8.5
120X5 @8.25

Bench -
217.5X1 @8
155X12 @7.5
157.5X12 @8

Chin-Ups - BWX4, 3, 3 @~10

Pull-Downs - X11, 8 @~8

Interesting session.

Press strength was not down, but if it was up, it was just barely.

Bench top strength was down on the single, but rep strength on the back-off sets was up.  This is a rep strength focused block for Bench, so it's generally good news.  It will be interesting to how the gap between max strength and rep strength changes as the block goes on.  Similar to Squat, my 12 rep strength seems to be a slightly higher % of my e1RM based on the single that the RTS RPE table predicts.  I'm going to continue to base week-to-week projections on prior week performance, but I think I will definitely need to update my table at the end of this block.

Chin strength wasn't great, but when is it ever.  Added a set of pull-downs because Session RPE was still vary manageable, and as always I want to try and kick chins in the butt.






No comments: