Thursday, December 1, 2022

BBM Peaking Block. Cycle 1. Session B.

sRPE @7
BW - 212

Bench (paused first and last reps) - up to 185X5 @7.5

Pause Squats - up to 275X6 @~8

Cambered Bar Bench - up to 160X6 @9

Machine Flyes - X10, 10, 10 @7/8.5

Rower - HIIT; 16 minutes

As usual, the long lay-off over Thanksgiving meant my first day back was great, but then soreness on this second day was a bit of an obstacle.

Weight on Bench was a fine starting point, but execution just felt a little off due to soreness.  Hoping this bounces back a bit as I get back in the groove.  (although I expect my pecs to be pretty sore in a day or so from this workout).  

I did add a pause on the first and last reps.  I expect we'll be pausing in the mock meet.  This block will be mainly singles and doubles on bench.  I only paused the first and last reps because this workout sets my "training max" for next week, and I wasn't sure that the e1RM from a fully paused set of 5 would give me as accurate of a starting point i.e. it might have artificially lowered the max.

Squats felt a little wonky from soreness, but pausing actually sometimes helps with that.  For me, not trying to bounce out of the hole can help things like adductor fatigue be less noticeable. 

No comments: