Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Block 15. Cycle 7. Session B.

BW - 220
sRPE @6

Press -
140X1 @8
115X6, 6 @6.25/8
112.5X6, 6 @7/9

Deadlift - 385X1 @9

DB Curls - 41.25sX11 @10
Rope Curls - X15 @10

115 for 2X6 and 112.5 for 4X6 are all Volume PRs on Press.  Had to reach past target RPE to get them, but it's the last Press day of the training block.  Overall, only showed slight improvement on the Press this block.  The top single here only matches the top single from the end of the last block, but I had "more better" top singles during the block in general along with some these Volume PRs.  All-in all, good enough to focus on Bench next block as that lift needs some love.

DL single took another step back.  This block was NOT good for DL maintenance.  As of now, it looks like the only lift among my core 8 to have regressed, and it will get some love next block.  

Because I trained two days in a row, and had some low-back discomfort during Sumo a couple weeks back, I decided to skip it today and hopefully be fresh for my final Squat session on Friday.

Similarly, I decided to only do the AMRAP sets on the Curls accessories since I'd had my main Curls work the day before.  I do think that's a PR on DB Curls, but I don't really track that too much.

Reduction in volume was enough to drop the sRPE.

No comments: