Monday, April 23, 2018

Old Man Texas Method. Week 7. Intensity Day

BW - 229

Squat - 395X5*

Press - 152.5X3, 3

Deadlift - 380X3, 3

Squat reps were all high.  Every single one.  MAYBE  a couple of them were close to parallel.  Maybe.  My headspace was scattered heading into this set.  I knew I cut the first rep high, and from there I struggled to find depth.  So disappointing.  This week I'm travelling, and so will only be able to go to the gym twice.  I guess I'm going to do V.D. on Monday, and I.D. on Thursday, and go ahead and try to go to 400.  I'll try to grab someone at the gym I trust to call out my depth.  From the video, I believe the strength is there, the execution was just garbage.

Press went well.  2X3 PR.  2nd set shown.

Deadlift also went well.  The 2nd set continues to feel better than the first.  That's not a new phenomenon in Starting Strength style training at all, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to use warm-ups to try to get the FIRST set to feel better.  2nd set shown.

No comments: