Monday, March 12, 2018

Texas Method. Week 1. Intensity Day

BW - 230

Squat -
365X5
290X8

Bench - 220X5, 5, 5

Chin-Ups - BW; 32 Reps; 8 Sets

Top set of Squats felt pretty good at the time, but looking at the video I can see that I was getting on the front of my foot on almost every rep.  May need to video my warm-ups on Intensity day to try and get that dialed-in before the work set.  Back off set felt very easy.  It's probably somewhere around 70% of my max so it should.


220 for 3X5 is an LP PR on Bench.  REALLY thought I wasn't going to get this after the 2nd set.  And you can see that the last rep on the last set in the video was absolute limit strength, RPE 10.  Depending on how this went would determine when I would switch over to TM for Bench.  I don't see any reason to wait.

Manage to get my chins in one less set than last time.  Need to watch myself, as I think I  might be starting to cut depth a little bit.

No comments: