Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Old Man Texas Method. Week 4. Volume Day

BW - 228

Squats - 340X5, 5, 5

Bench - 200X5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Deadlift - 300X5, 5

Everything went pretty well today.

Squat technique felt a little all over the place today, but settled down a bit by the final work set, below.

I wasn't sure how many sets of Bench I was going to do here.  On the program, it feels like I've got some latitude to go 3-5X5.  I went 5X5 on Press last week, but my shoulders were feeling a little beat up.  However, by the 3rd set, I was feeling pretty good and so did all 5.  Glad I did, as the final set was moving well.

Something got goofy on my spreadsheet where I was doing 290 for 2X5 last week on DL, and then 3X10 this week and next.  I just decided to split the difference and do 300 this week, and then go to 310 next week.  Everything moved well.  2nd set shown.

No comments: