Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Old Man Texas Method. Week 3. Volume Day

BW - 229

Squat - 340X5, 5, 5

Press - 127.5X5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Deadlift - 290X5, 5

Everything went pretty well tonight.  After adjusting the program to be more in line with the info that's out there about it, Squat weight is light enough that I can really focus in on technique every set.  Still not sure I'm happy with this bar path, but I'm trying to determine where the bar path "starts."  Does it start and end where I'm fully standing?  Or does it start a bit later?  Final set shown.

After the first set of Press, I was skeptical about 5X5 at this weight, but it all worked out!  Glad I had faith in the programming on this day.  Final set shown.

This weight was practically speed work for DL, but we'll see how it goes.  Technically this is a 2X5 PR, as I haven't done sets across on DL since September of '16.

No comments: