Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Conditioning. Week 4. Squat, Squat, Squat

BW - 202

Squat -
BarX10 (paused)
95X5 (paused)
135X5
155X4
185X3
225X2
255X1
275X1, 1, 1

High Bar / Low Bar (alternating with full rest) -
225X3/3, 3/3, 3/3
185X5/5, 5/5

Fronts / High Bar (alternating with full rest) -
155X3/5, 3/5

Just didn't want to do anything but squat today.  So I threw out Deadlifts, Bench Accessory, and Abs, and just squatted until the wheels fell off.  Yes, my legs hurt today.

The interesting thing was the drop-off in strength when I switched to Front Squats.  By this point in the workout, the 155X3 sets were grinders on Front Squat, but when I switched to High Bar it was no issue.  Those reps were explosive as hell.  I only stopped at 5 reps with that weight in the hopes it would make the next front squat set more viable.  It didn't.  So what this suggests to me is that there is a much larger gap between my Front Squat and High Bar strength than there is between High Bar and Low Bar.  I don't have any idea if that's 'normal,' or if it's indicative of a weakness is my squatting strength.  Unless I want to do a lot more sessions like this and nail down that data, it might not be worth worrying about.

No comments: