Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Full Body. Week 1. Squat

BW - 200

Squat -
BarX10 (paused)
95X5 (paused)
135X5
185X4
225X3
275X1
195X13, 10

RDL -
135X10
185X10, 10

PBN -
BarX20
65X5
85X3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Started rehearsing a new show, so I joined a new, short-term "away" gym.  The somewhat well known Quads Gym.  The one in northern Chicago, not the one Ed Coan trains at in the South Suburbs.  Anyway, it's relatively well-appointed for strength training, except for only having two Deadlift platforms (one a combo with a squat rack).  Maybe I'm just spoiled by my regular gym.

Took some time to get signed up and shown around, and that cut into my workout time before rehearsal.  This day is programmed to have a couple other things, but I only had time for the essentials.

The 275 single was smooth.  I'll be looking to push reps on the 2 sets of 195 pretty high and see what happens in the coming weeks.  I've done 195 for 20 before, and I want to try and see how close I can get to that on the SECOND set.

I wanted to take it light with the RDL's to start.  I've had some back trouble from intense squatting, Deadlifting and RDL...ing in the same week before.

Volume on PBN is fine.  Shoulder feeling good.  I'll give it another couple sessions or weeks and then maybe see what bench feels like.




No comments: