Friday, July 4, 2014

"Conditioning" Week 4. Upper Body

BW - 203

Deadlift -
135X5, 5
185X3
225X3
275X3
295X3

BB Rows - 175X8, 8, 8, 7

Chins - BWX12, 6, 5, 5, 5 (33 total)

Band - Pull-aparts superset with 'flyes' - somesetsXsomereps

PBN -
BarX10
55X10
65X10, 8

Rope Extensions - X20, 20, 15, 15

BB Curls - BarX35, 25, 20, 20 (100 total)

With all the little injuries, this has become less of a conditioning phase and more of a 2XWeekly-Lifting-Plus-Diet Phase.  The lesson here seems to really be, "if you get an injury that interferes with the plan, don't do the plan minus the stuff you're too injured to do, rather come up with a new plan." Because I really feel like I haven't gotten as much work in the last few weeks of trying to work around injuries with the original plan as I would have if I'd just drafted a whole new plan that incorporated the injuries.

Put the Deadlifting I was supposed to do on Squat day here.  All the reps were fast, and I was really using it as a warm-up for Rowing.

175X8 is a Rep PR on Rows.  Chining also feeling stronger.  203X12 is probably my biggest chin set since sometime last year.

Decided to completely cut out benching for a while as I try to figure out this shoulder issue.  But I'll try to cobble together work on the pressing muscles that don't aggravate it.  So I super-set pull-aparts with band flyes.  I tentatively tried some standing PBN, and almost 24 hours later my shoulder doesn't feel any worse than it did before, which is comforting.  Obviously some triceps extensions as I'm still not going near dips.

Threw in some curls because biceps.

No comments: