Monday, December 10, 2012

5/3/1 BBB: Cycle 2. Week 3. Bench

BW - 200

Bench -
BarX15
95X5
115X5
140X5
155X3
175X1
185X1
135X10, 6

Chin-ups - BWX10, 7

Wide-Grip Pulldowns - 3 sets of 10

BB Curls -
BarX10
65X5
BarX30

80% session.  I have a tight schedule early this week, and so had to do bench a day early.  Because that had me going Press, Squat, Bench on consecutive days, I made some slight tweaks so that there wasn't as much overlap with what I did on Press day.  That means taking the focus away from my shoulders a bit.

First, I chose not to go for a rep max on my top set, but rather to just get the required single, and then take my training max for the cycle for another single.  Wendler has written a lot about this lately, and it made sense for this day.  Both singles were heavy, but the rep was smooth on both.  Very satisfied with that result.

Second, rather than do BBB sets on Incline, I did more flat bench with a 50% set.  I kind of thought I would get more than 10 reps, but I'm fine with this.

Chins and Pulldowns and curls were all fine.

No comments: