Friday, March 23, 2012

UB: Conditioning Week 4. Press, Hammer & Tire

Defranco Shoulder Mobility + band pull-aparts

Press -
BarX10
95X2
115X1
125X1X5

45 deg. Inverted Rows to bottom of sternum - BWX10X2

Hammer Curls - 15sX15-20X4

Hammer & Tire - 30 sec. on / 10 sec. off; 12 minutes

Everything felt solid today, but for some reason I wasn't feeling push-ups and skipped them.  I think my arms just felt done after all those curlz.  I added some pull-aparts at the end of the mobility work.  I think if I settle on the right grip width it will be a good warm-up for my shoulders on pressing days.

Press was slow and heavy, but never had any doubt the weight was going up.

I took a longer break at the 6 minute mark of the Hammer swings.  My grip was feeling a little fried after all those damn curlz.



I just about have everything dialed in to use that weird standing incline press contraption for my inverted rows.  Put a couple of plates on each side, and another on the floor against the back of the frame to brace my feet against so that I'm not rowing to my neck.  It actually brought the bar a little lower than I wanted, but it's all good.

No comments: