Tuesday, March 20, 2012

UB: Conditioning Week 3.Sprints

Incline Sprints (30 yds.) - 12 sprints, 12 minutes

I programmed to do 13 sprints in 12 mintues here, and I didn't make it.  I probably needed to jog back after each sprint, but I didn't realize that until too late, when I'd lost too much speed on the sprints.  So by the end I just couldn't get up and back fast enough to get the 13th sprint in. 

I've revised my programming accordingly (I hope).  I was originally aiming to get 20 sprints in 15 minutes on the last week.  I've dialed back each of the remaining weeks to end up hitting 18 in 15 for the last week.  Next week I'm programmed for 14 sprints / 13 minutes.  If I fail again to get more sprints than minutes, then I will assume that is my pace, and just add more time each week.  So it would end up being something like 14, 16, 18+ minutes for the last three weeks.

Also, my calf strain didn't give me any problems sprinting even though it's still sore.  I bought some more bananas, and I'm just not fucking with it, i.e. not constantly stretching it and massaging it through the day.  It seems like when I do that with things like this it becomes compulsive, and just ends up aggravating the strain.  After the initial onset, if I just leave it alone, while trying to be cognizant of not re-straining it, it gets better sooner.  That was my experience with the mid-back strain I developed on my last cycle, and it seems to be working out with this calf strain as well.

No comments: