Friday, March 30, 2012

UB: Conditioning Week 5. Bench, Hammer & Tire

Defranco shoulder mobility

Bench (always CG from now on)-
BarX15
95X5
135X1
155X1
175X1X5

Standing EZ Triceps - 55X18, 15

V-Grip Chins - Gym BW 205X12

BB Curls - 65X10, 8, 45X12

Tabata (30:10) Hammer & Tire - 12 minutes, 30 seconds; 15-21 swings per round

Felt pretty good going into the gym today, but the 175 sets on bench were pretty damn heavy.  I got 4 reps with this weight at the end of the strength phase, so the drop-off is apparent here.  Not to worried about it.

Man, these tabata sledge hammer sessions are a beast mentally.  Last session, I had to give myself a longer break 1/2 way through before continuing.  This session, I got about 1/3 of the way through and my mind was all "God, this is hard.  Maybe I didn't eat enough carbs or something today.  I'm really tired.  Yeah, I probably didn't eat enough.  I should probably just stop and call it a day, and remember to eat a PBnJ before I leave work next time."  Instead, I just kept swinging, never took an extended break, and added 30 seconds, or 1 round of swings to last time.  "We're playing these miiind gaaaames..."

Went a bit heavier on the extensions on the first set this time, but had to stop short of 20 to make sure I could get 15 on the next set.  This is the last time doing these on this cycle, though, so don't know when I'll get a chance to add them into programming again.  Whatever.  Got plenty of triceps work with the CG bench anyway.

BW of 205 for 12 reps is a PR for chins.  Yay!

Uh...65lb. straight bar curls were way harder today than on Sunday when I did Paul Carter's 65lb. curl challenge.  Did I use some fucked up light bar last time?  Shit...

No comments: