Monday, March 12, 2012

UB: Conditioning Week 2. Timed Mile and Steady State

Friday:

Timed Mile - 8:42

Saturday:

Steady State - 45 minute walk

I went way harder on the mile than I meant to do.  I set my baseline time last week as 9:26, and I only wanted to beat that by 10-20 seconds.  I was so far ahead of that today, that I actually stopped and walked the last half block to keep the time up.  So the log says I beat last week by 40 seconds, but I was probably on pace to beat it by as much as a minute. 

The problem here is that I didn't set time/"course" markers for myself so that I would have an idea of where my pace was.  I'm going to use google maps to try and figure out where the 1/2 way point is so that I can have a better idea in the future.  Next week, I might just try to beat my week 1 time again, to give myself more room to progress into.

The wife and I had a pleasant, but brisk 45 minute walk the next day.  Weather has taken a decided turn for the better here in Chicago.

No comments: