Friday, July 12, 2024

Press, Deadlift, Back, Triceps

sRPE @8
BW - 225

Swiss Bar Press - 
-    up to 140X1 @9.5
-    100X6, 6, 6 @6/7.5

Deadlift - up to 405X1 @8.5

RDL w/ Straps - 225X9, 9, 6 @9/10

Pull-Downs - X9, 9, 8, 8 @10
super-set with
Cable OH Extensions - X13, 12, 10, 10 @10

I'd been thinking about doing Log Press for my first wave of this Press block, but I didn't want to have to clean every set, and I didn't want to take it from the strongman room to the room with racks, blocks, etc.  Then I remembered we have a couple of full-length Swiss bars!  This was a fun movement.  Requires more lean back, and the touch at the bottom of the reps has to be a bit more controlled to keep from slamming into your collarbone.  Weight-wise, this is about right where I want my first Press movement of this block to me at.  

I didn't DL at the end of the last block, so I just worked up to something here and then hit RDLs.

No comments: