Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Pivot Block. Cycle 1.

BW - 221

5-3-0 Tempo Squat - 257.5X2, 2 @~6

5-3-0 Tempo Bench - 137.5X2, 2 @~6

5-3-0 Tempo Deadlift - 262.5X2, 2 @~6

Bulgarian Split Squat - 25X7, 7 @~5

DB Rolling Triceps - 40X6 @6.5

Conditioning - LISS; Treadmill Walking; 20 minutes

Next block will be using single session cycles because of time constraints.  I'll be using this pivot to kind of feel that out a little.

Tempo lifts were all fine and were max @6.  Probably a little lower, but I'm not really worried about the first session of the pivot block.  I like to still see the weight progress in these blocks, so I don't mind starting "too" light.

I did the BSS with a 25 lb. bumper.  I looked around for a 15 kg, but couldn't find one, so I just stayed @5.  I think holding the grippy plate is a bit easier on getting into position and on balance than using a DB, so I'll find a 15 kg next time.

My right triceps near the elbow were not super happy about the heavy eccentric on the rolling triceps.  Gonna be real careful about that next session and be prepared to swap out a different movement.  It would suck to get an injury in a pivot block.

Didn't get video of the tempo pulls.



No comments: