Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Block 5. Cycle 7. Session A.

BW - 222

Squat -
380X2 @9
325X6, 6, 6 @8.25/8.5

High-Bar Squat - 265X5, 5, 5 @8

Bench-Grip Deadlift w/ Straps - 325X5, 5, 5 @8

Mixed session.

Squat top set went very well.  A touch heavier than the days target.  However, I probably should have pulled back on the volume sets. 

High-Bars and Wide Grip Deads were fine, but I was completely mentally wiped by the time I finished my low bar sets.  I didn't want to do any more squats, and after squats, I didn't want to do anything at all. 

I traveled out of town this last weekend, and I think travel and vacation activities may have contributed. 

To this point, available evidence had pointed to a 7 week time-to-peak.  However, the squat top set looks like my second best increase of the block, and my best Week 7 Squat.  Unless Bench and Deadlift convincingly crash and burn this week, I will plan on extending this block another week.

All video is of top sets and final work sets.





No comments: