Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Block 5. Cycle 3. Session A.

BW - 220

Squat -
352.5X2 @9
300X6, 6, 6 @~8

High-Bar Squat -
242.5X5 @7.5
247.5X5, 5 @~8

Bench-Grip Deadlift w/ straps - 300X5, 5, 5 @8

Okay session.  The last several blocks, I've had a good-sized jump in Squat strength in the 3rd and/or 4th week.  Was hoping for that jump today, especially since I was fighting a cold during last week's lackluster Squat session, but it wasn't really to be.  Nevertheless, I was able to put a smidge more weight on the bar at the target RPE, so it's still progress.

I am reminded that I backed-down Squat volume a bit this block to facilitate raising DL volume.  Something to think on.

High-Bars were fine though. 

BGDL was also solid.  Interestingly, it's curving towards the same % relative to comp DL as my data on Deficits off of a plate.  Not sure how to factor the straps into that.

All video is of top sets and final work sets.





No comments: