Monday, May 20, 2019

Block 5. Cycle 2. Session C.

BW - 217

Deadlift -
372.5X2 @9
317.5X6, 6, 6 @8

Pause Squat - 260X5, 5, 5 @8

Axle Bench - 190X5, 5, 5 @8

Solid session in general.  DL is getting in that range where it feels heavy regardless, and I have to prepare for that when I step up for the first rep.  "It Will Feel Slow; Pull Hard."

My formula said 260 for pause squat on this day which I though was a pretty big jump considering the previous session topped out at 240 @7.5, but 260 ended up being the right number.  I think I was uncertain because my comp squat performance dropped off really quickly last week, and I wasn't sure where my overall squat strength was going to be; especially following DL.  Glad it worked out.

Axle bench "felt" a lot heavier in my hands this week even though the RPE was on target.  Interesting.

Video is of top sets and final work sets.





No comments: