Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Block 5. Cycle 1. Session A.

BW - 221

Squat -
340X2 @9
290X6, 6, 6 @8

High-Bar Squat -
230X5, 5 @~7
240X5 @8

Bench-Grip DL w/ Straps -
280X5 @7
285X5, 5 @~7.5

Good start to the new block.

Squats came in feeling MUCH stronger than expected.  First cycle squats have been ~93% of the previous cycles e1RM.  That had me expecting ~342.5 for the top double.  The warm-up sets of 6 @6 and @7 ended up going 8-10 lb.s heavier than expected, and I ended up hitting just over 95% for the top double.  Back-off sets of and High Bar sets were likewise strong.  All in all a great start to squatting this cycle.

BGDL also ended up blowing past expectations.  Based on my one previous cycle with this movement, I expected 65% of prior block's DL e1RM.  Ended up hitting 88%.  Upon further consideration, I don't believe I used straps last time on this movement, and was overloading grip.  I also have adjusted my DL stance since then to get "a little more leg" into the start.  Anyway, I was actually fairly tired when I got to these and it was super frustrating that I kept having to add weight to get to target RPE, lol.  I want to go @8 on these, but by the time I loaded 285, I just wanted to be done.

Video is of top sets and final work sets.





No comments: