Thursday, April 18, 2019

Block 4 (Accumulation). Cycle 4. Session B.

BW - 217

Bench -
175X9 @6.5
180X9 @7
227.5X1 @6.25
240X1 @7.5
252.5X1 @9
187.5X9, 9, 9 @8, 8, 9

DB Bench -
50sX12 @5.5
60sX15, 11, 11 @~9.5 (37 total reps)

Inverted Rows w/ feet flat - BWX15, 13, 12 @8, 9, 10

Because this training block is getting cut short by travel, I had my eye on coming in and shooting for a big Bench PR of 275.  However, it wasn't going to be there.  I pushed the warm-ups and the top single trying to make it happen; telling myself, "maybe you've been sandbagging your RPE," but the 252.5 was @9 at best.  And the back-off sets quickly escalated in difficulty.  Of course, I'd only gotten 5-6 hours of sleep the night before, so I wasn't in the best recovery space.  This was by far my worst week 4 bench results over the last 3 training blocks.  I really think it would have bounced back next week with good recovery.

Oh, well.  Something to look forward to next block.  My bench has been starting new blocks around 92% of the previous block e1RM, and my lifts have been increasing by an average of about 2% per cycle over the last 3 blocks.  That would put me right around 273 at the end of the next block.  However, it's a higher intensity Transmutation block, and last transmutation block my results were a bit better than these averages.

I hit 50 total reps with the 55s last week on DB Bench, so I upped it to the 60s this week per the 350 Method.  Felt a little harder than I expected, and I think that's a little bit of extra fatigue from pushing the bench a bit harder.  Doesn't really matter as this block is over anyway.

Inverted rows actually felt really good.  I think I'm more acclimated to this version of the movement, plus I came in at a slightly lower BW than the last couple of cycles.

Video is just of bench top set and last back-off.



No comments: