Wednesday, August 29, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 3. Week 2. "Bench"

LRB Diet - Day 38

BW - 195

Pause Squats -
BarX12
95X5
135, 155, 185, 205X3

Press -
BarX10
75, 85, 95X8
85, 85X6
super-set with
Chin-Ups (V-grip) - BWX7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 7

Clearly I did not bench today.  I had to hit a commercial gym, and get in and out to make a social engagement, so I opted for the old "I can do this whole session in this one rack" workout.

Everything felt fine for the most part.  After the last two pressing sessions, it seems like I may have had a touch of a drop-off since I was alternating it with Incline at the beginning of Summer.  Not really sure what to make of it right now, and I think I need a few more sessions to see where it's really at.  The fact is, I've been doing a press movement every session for 8 weeks now including Dips, Bench, and Klokov.  That's a good variety of pressing planes, and to have my strict press drop off in that time is confuddling. I'm not gonna go back to the drawing board just yet, though.  I got good volume here and hopefully that will help stimulate some bounce back in the next couple of sessions.

7's on chins felt pretty good, but the more neutral grip usually results in a few more reps in my experience.

No comments: