Monday, August 6, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 2. Week 2. Bench

LRB Diet - Day 13

BW - 195 (7+ month low)

Pause Squats -
BarX8
95X5
125X5
145X5

Bench -
BarX15
95X3
110X3
125X3
145X5
super-set with
Chin-ups - BWX5, 7, 10, 5, 7

Chiro Crunches - 5 sets of 40

There's a big gap in my body weight log from last year.  Somewhere between April and late December, I went from 176 to 202.  So 195 is my lowest weight since late December last year.  My heaviest was 212 in mid-February of this year, and I was around 201 when I started the diet 2 weeks ago.

Pause Squats felt heavy.  I don't know why.  I was making sure to get a long pause at the bottom, but it seemed like more than that.  Weight loss maybe?

The weight loss is definitely hitting my bench.  That and pausing all reps on my chest.  I'm...I'm just trying to live with this, and assume that when I start to add some calories back in that the weights will start moving up again.  On the plus side, my form is feeling good.  I've been placing my feet farther apart, and leaving them flat on the ground.  It feels more stable, and I can get a little leg drive "push-off" after my pause without my butt coming off the bench.

Chins seem to be holding roughly steady.

No comments: