Thursday, July 12, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 1. Week 2. Bench

BW - 197

Pause Squats -
BarX10
95X5
115X5
135X5

Bench -
BarX10
95X5
115X3
145X3
160X4

Chins - BWX5, 10, 5, 4, 3

Couldn't get to my regular gym today, so I ponied up $10 to hit a World's Gym I was nearby.

I did a few of my reps on the top set on bench touch'n'go just to see.  It really is amazing what a difference the pause makes.

Got 10 chins which was nice.  Still have a little ways to climb back up to where I've been with them, though.

No low back or ab work.  Looked around the gym for a back extension bench or something but didn't see one.  Just decided to pack it up.

2 comments:

Mr. Kieron Boyle said...

Just wanted to say thanks for posting your workouts. I am in Cycle 4 of 531 now and it's a nice reminder that others are busting their butt each day/week as well. Keep up the lifting/blogging.

Mr. Kieron Boyle
Middletown OH
math-boyle.blogspot.com (where I post my workout info)

Nealstar said...

Thanks. The reason I made this blog public was because I had a hard time finding quality logs for a lot of the programs I was doing or considering doing. Glad you found some value here.