Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 1. Week 3. Squat

BW - 201

Hypers - 5 sets of 15-20

Squats -
BarX5
95X5
135X5
185X5
210X3
235X1

Pendlays -
BarX10
95X5
115X3
135X3
125X15

Dips - BWX7, 9, 12, 9, 7

Chiro Crunches - 5 sets of 25-35

Continue to like the hypers over the reverse hypers for now.  Interestingly, in the first few sets I feel the muscles really getting worked, and then for the last few, they just feel warm and "capable" for lack of a better word.

Squats actually went pretty well, and I possibly could have gotten another rep or two at the end, but I'm lowering my training max after this without a deload, so I didn't want to grind this out beforehand.

Tried something a little different with the Rows, and that was going back to something I did on Paul Carter's UB - Reps Strength program where I over warmed-up on rows and then did my rep-out set as a back-off.  Went great, and 125X15 is a Rep PR and projected 1RM increase.

For dips, rather than try to push a new projected 1RM, I went back to the ladder I ran 2 weeks ago, and tried to run it with 2 more reps per set in order to push the overall volume for the session up.  This worked very well, as I got all the reps on each set, but the last reps on the last two sets were all out efforts.

New diet starts on Sunday.  I broke it out into a table for myself yesterday, and will do the grocery shopping for the first week soon.  This will take a lot of pre-planning and vigilance to pull off over the next 2 months, and I'm excited about it.

No comments: