Thursday, July 5, 2012

5/3/1 Full-Body: Cycle 1. Week 1. Bench

BW - 200

Pause Squats -
BarX8
95X5
115X5
135X5

Bench -
BarX8
95X5
115X5
135X5
155X4

Chin-ups - BWX5, 7, 6, 5, 4

Reverse-Hyper - 100lbs.; 5 sets of 10
super-set with
Chiropractor Crunches - 5 sets of 20-25

My gym isn't air-conditioned, but thank god it's in a basement.  Hot as hell this week.

Pause Squats were fine as they should be at this light weight.  Still, good opportunity to work on my form.  Kept well back on my heels on all reps.

Bench stalled out on me.  Couldn't get the 5th rep.  This is a bit of a bummer after all the OHP and Inclining I've been doing the last several weeks.  However, my weight is down at least 5 lbs. since I set my last 1RM PR, and that was almost 2 months ago.  I'm not happy about it, but my max may just be predictably dropping with my BW.  I suppose that's the best case scenario unless this was just an off day.  I will keep my training max the same through this first cycle, and then drop it if necessary.  Along with this, I'm also starting to track my current max vs. my all-time PR's so that I can be clearly aware of where I'm at in that regard.

That being said, with something like chins that I haven't worked on in a while, I will give it a few sessions before determining if my max is lower now than previously.  Here, I'd hoped to ladder up to 10 reps and back down, but it wasn't happening.  Also, the movement felt a little foreign to me after so much time away from it.

I forgot to start my session with reverse hypers, so I super-set them with the swiss-ball crunches at the end of the session.

No comments: