Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5/3/1 Log: Cycle 1. Week 2. Pause Squats

Defranco hip mobility

Pause Squats -
BarX10
105X5
135X3
175X3
200X3
225X3

Deadlift -
135X5
215X5
250X5
280X3

GHR - 5 sets of 15

Hammer swings - 15 seconds on, 45 off; 20 minutes. 15-17 swings per round.

Weird session owing, almost surely, to all the holiday drinking the night before.  I think my form was loose on the squats as my low-back started feeling really worked, and I had a hard time holding my pause.  We'll see how it goes again this weekend.

My brain was just not firing on all cylinders today, and I had forgotten to update the mobile version of my spreadsheet.  Deadlifts were supposed to be a lighter 5X5 week, but the spreadsheet said 3X3 and then I did my first two work sets at 5 reps before realizing the spreadsheet said something else and not realizing the spreadsheet was wrong!  Gah!  Also, everything felt kind of heavy, and my grip felt a bit week.

GHR was fine.  I dropped back to a slightly easier setting, and just tried to get more volume in.  Wasn't trying to push anything here after the squats and deads.

Somebody finally brought a big tractor tire into the gym, so I used that for the hammer swings today.  I knew it would be a little easier not having to drop down as far so I new I would go for 20 minutes today instead of 15.  By the end of the session, I was also managing to average more than a swing per second meaning I was often getting 16-17 swings in 15 seconds.  Also, my shoulder felt wonky for a day or two after my last session, but no problems today.

No comments: