Thursday, May 17, 2012

UB: Reps Week 6. Back

Defranco - Rollovers, piriformis and lat stretches

Deadlift -
135X5X2
225X3X2
315X2
325X1
335X1
345X FAIL X2

T-Bar Rows -
BarX30
30X10
50X6
100X3
90X15

Standing Abs - 5 sets of 12

God.  Damn.  I love deadlifting.  Last Back session of the program.  Last October I failed to even budge 315, and today I was programmed to pull 315X1 and then move on to rows.  Last week's 305X1 felt so stupid easy that I came into the gym planning to pull 315X2. 

Easy Double
I did that, and the gym owner was walking by and I told him I just pulled 315 for the first time and for a double.  "Was it easy?"  "It was awesome"  "Then go up."  I threw on 10 lbs. and it went up.  I threw on another 10 lbs. for 335, which put me at my projected max after the 315X2.  I went and managed to salvage up some chalk dust out of one of the chalk stands (first time I ever used chalk), and pulled it too lock-out.  It was slow and required much grunting.  I threw another 10 lbs. on, chalked up, and failed just below lockout.  I took a 2+ minute rest, chalked up again, and failed just below the knee.  Done.

So 3 PR's and a confirmed new 1RM.  I was ecstatic about all that, until I failed to pull the 345.  Then I was pissed, and had to slowly talk myself into being happy again.  I had to use chalk for the first time because my grip was feeling NOT strong, however I still used a basic double-overhand grip on all sets.

If I'd made the 345, I was going to give myself permission to skip the row, but I didn't so I went right ahead and set a PR there as well with 90X15.  Going into that set, I thought that if I didn't make 20, I'd keep doing sets until I got 30+, but after the set of 15 I knew I was done lifting anything with my back for the day.

Just enough left in the tank for 5 sets of standing cable crunches.  Then I treated to myself to a big bowl of rice and sashimi.

No comments: