Tuesday, May 8, 2012

UB: Reps Week 5. Squats

Defranco hip mobility

Squats -
BarX20
95X10
155X6
195X3
265X1
195X18, 6, 6 (30 total reps)

Hamstring curls - 5 sets of 10-15

Standing Abs - 4 sets of 8-15

Awesome squat session.  195X18 is a Rep PR, and a projected increase to my 1RM.  Also, 24 combined reps on the first two work-sets is a cycle best, and getting 30 reps in 3 sets ties my cycle best.  20+ reps is in the bag next week.  I hope to use a power rack, but it was f'ing busy as hell in the gym today.  I'm scheduled to squat again on Sunday, though, so it likely won't be as packed.

The GHR was busted, so I thought "I'll just throw some hamstring curls in after my squats."  There was no fucking 'just' about it.  I haven't done these in a year, and they were pure torture.  I forgot how much I hate the way these feel, and I assumed that all the GHR and RDL work I'd been doing would make them easier.  No, and No.  They were hard as shit, and I was able to use very little weight.  These are going back in as a regular hamstring movement from now on.  I'd been thinking about doing some hamstring focus on my up-coming 2-day split, and that is now cemented.  Hamstring curls every session.

I was so wiped from the squats and those bastard ham curls, that I had no energy left to get through 5 sets of standing cable crunches.  The 4th set was bullshit, so I just walked away.

No comments: