Thursday, May 3, 2012

UB: Reps Week 4. Back

Defranco - Rollovers, piriformis stretch, lat stretch

Deadlift -
135X5X2
135X10
225X3X2
295X2

T-Bar Rows (unsupported) -
BarX30
30X10
50X6
80X3
75X17, 13, 5 (35 total reps)

Standing Abs -5X10-15

295X2 is a Rep PR on the Deadlift.  Back in October, 295 tested as my true max.  This was pretty easy, and that feels awesome.  However, my grip felt a little shaky on the 2nd rep.  Bears keeping in mind.

Upped the work-weight on the rows to 75.  My target for this session was 15 reps on the first set, which would project to an increased 1RM.  I hit that and clearly had more so I kept going, however the 17th rep was difficult to touch on.  Nevertheless, I was jazzed and determined to reach my 30 rep total on the 2nd set, which I did, but again the last couple reps were hard.  I decided to throw in one more set just for the extra work.  Also, because my grip was shaky at the end of the Deadlifts, I didn't use straps on my first work-set here, and only pulled them on to make sure I got to 13 on the 2nd set.

I like my chances for hitting 20 in one set next week, and then upping the work-weight again for the final week of the program.  Also, I'm feeling significantly more comfortable with this movement than I ever did before.  I think it's time to start seriously doing some Pendlay's now.  I'm probably going on a 2-day split following this because of my schedule, but when that opens up again, I'm considering keeping bench on the back-burner and focusing on BB Rowing.

I also contracted my abs against resistance whilst in a standing position.  Repeatedly.

No comments: