Monday, May 21, 2012

UB: Reps Week 6. Bench

Defranco Shoulder mobility

Bench -
BarX15
65X10
105X6
135X3
190XFAIL
135X12

OH Extensions - 45X15, 15, 15, 12, 12

Cable Upright Rows, V-Grip - 4 sets of 12

-10% session big-time.  Sucks to end the program this way.  All the bench sets felt heavy, and I knew I was in trouble about half way through.  I had trouble getting 190 out of the rack, and had to try it twice before I got it out.  It didn't even really come off my chest.  I had to roll it down my body and onto the bench while I scooted out from under it.  Then 135 was brutal approaching 10 reps.  A complete disaster of a bench session.  The only consolation is that I don't care about bench nearly as much as Squat and Deads, and those were great on the program.  And I did set PR's the last two week's on bench, so the cycle wasn't a waste, just the last session.


More OH Extensions and Upright Rows to prime myself for more OH Pressing on the next cycle.  Extensions were a little stronger this week because of the drastically reduced volume on the preceding CG benching, and the Rows also seemed a bit stronger.

No comments: