Tuesday, May 1, 2012

UB: Reps Week 4. Squats

Defranco Mobility

Squat -
BarX20
90X10
155X6
195X3
255X1
195X15, 7, 8 (30 total reps)

GHR - 5X10

Prowler High-Lows - 13 trips; 15 minutes

Great session.  195X15 is a rep PR, 15 and 7 for 22 reps between my first two work-sets is a best for the cycle, and getting 30 reps in 3 sets ties my best for the cycle.  And everything felt good.  I actually could have maybe gotten more reps on my first work-set, but I really wanted to beat 20 reps on my 2nd set, so I saved it.  Mental fist pumps after these squats.

I fiddled with the settings on the GHR bench a bit.  I tried leaving the cross-bar at the same height, but moving it forward one notch.  It was more difficult, although I was able to get 10 reps per set still, but I'm not sure it was better.  The increased difficulty seemed to come from being more uncomfortable, rather than from an increased load, and my calves seemed to be getting weirdly involved.  I'll do some more research on how to set up a GHR and see if I can figure something out.  If it still seems awkward next session, I will either go back to the previous setting and get a shit-ton of reps, or switch to leg-curls.

First time doing Prowler after squats.  My legs were pretty gassed after the 2nd trip, but I pushed through for all 15 minutes, collapsing on a bench between each push, and only came up one trip short of my last 15 minute session.  Felt pretty good about this.

Rewarded myself for a great session by skipping out on abs.

No comments: