Tuesday, February 13, 2024

3 Day SBD. Cycle 2. Session A.

sRPE @7.5
BW - 219

Squats -
up to 295X1 @5.5
280 (80%)X3, 3, 3 @~6

Plate Deficit DL - 315 (74% of DL)X2, 2, 2, 2 @5/6

Copenhagen Planks - BWX12, 12, 12 @7.5/10

DB Curls - 25sX11, 11, 9 @7/10
super-set with
Decline Leg/Hip Raises - BWX5, 5, 3 @7/10

Took a lot more time with my Squat warm-ups.  Gave time for my HR to come down between warm-ups sets, and focused generally on being more "ready" for the next set even though they were just warm-ups.  Usually I basically just re-load the bar and go.  Ended up with a slight improvement in the top single over prior weeks, and also was able to add a 3rd back-off set without feeling like it added significantly to acute fatigue.

Similarly, I was able to add a 4th set to the Deficit DLs.  Fatigue was still good, but between longer warm-ups and getting pulled into a couple of conversations, it took about an hour to get through the first two movements.

Accessories were all good, but I was already an hour and a half in at this point (and got to the gym late).  TL;DR:  I skipped conditioning.

No comments: