Thursday, February 3, 2022

Block 19 (Tier 2). Cycle 1. Session B.

sRPE @6
BW - 217

Press - 112.5X7, 7 @7

Chin-Ups -
BWX5 @6.5
Density - 1 rep every 0:10; 2:20 / 14 total reps @7.5

Toes-to-Bar - BWX3 @7
Hanging-Leg-Raise (90 degrees) - BWX8 @7

BB Rows - 135X10, 10 @~7.5

112.5 for 2X7 is a Volume PR.  Don't get many PRs in my intro weeks!  

This e1RM is also at 97.9% of where I ended my last block.  I used Tier 2 (2nd best) Pivot programming, and that result is even better than the last time I ran that pivot block (before Block 14).  The average starting e1RM between block 14 and 19 is 97.83%

Chin-ups also felt fairly strong on the main set (97.4% e1RM drop-off).  Not quite as good as the last time I ran this pivot (98.3% prior to Block 12), but both this result and the average between them of 97.8% is still better than the next best pivot I've run.

Density chins were tough, though.  The 1 rep every 10 seconds is just hard for me.  I remember it being fairly brutal through-out the last time I ran it, but it yielded good results so we'll see.

TTB also starting off strong.  This e1RM is 101% of the end of the last block!  That's even better than the last time I ran this Tier 2 pivot.  Getting pivot strategies that toy with 100%+ on e1RM change pan-deload is a stretch goal.  I don't really expect to reliably have e1RM maintain much less increase over a pivot/deload, but maybe?

Rows here are actually a Curls accessory.  Again, it's not intuitive for me to increase Curls strength by doing Rows and Pull-Downs, but my 2nd best Curls block of the last couple of years was actually a Chins-focus block where I didn't do any Curl variations, but did Rows, and Pull-Downs.  So we'll see what happens running that again.

No comments: