Monday, May 10, 2021

Block 14. Cycle 5. Session C.

 BW - 222
sRPE @ 7

Press -
135X1, 1 @8
122.5X3 @8
115X3 @7
105X8 @7.5

Squat - 
305X6 @7
250X10 @6

Decline Cambered Swiss Bar - 105X10, 10, 10 @6/7.5

Rope Low Cable Rows - 90X10 @7.5

Press is just flaaaaaaat this training block.  I partly suspect it's because of all the pressing in the prior training session, yet you'd think I'd adapt to that and start progressing again at some point.  Oh well.

Squat making small improvements despite the low volume.  Adductor DOMS still present but not debilitating as previous.

I've been getting really sick of doing BB Rows here at the end of the last session of each week.  It might be part overall accumulated stress from the week, and partly just not wanting to go through the whole thing of setting up a barbell, swapping out the weights working up to the work sets, etc.  I'd been thinking about doing cable rows with a long rope attachment, so I did those today instead and it was SO MUCH MORE FUN TO END THE WEEK.  Doing these with straight legs so that I can lean forward a little bit at the start to extend the lats more, and then pulling my elbows behind mid-line at the top of the contraction.

No comments: