Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Block 14. Cycle 7. Session A.

BW - 222
sRPE @ 7

Chin-Ups - 
BWX2, 2 @8
Density Block; 1 rep every 15 seconds; Failure after 4 minutes

Curls - 
60X11, 11 @8/10
50X11 @9

Deadlift -
370X4 @7

Upright Rows - 55X10, 10 @~7

Got sick of spinning my wheels doing low rep "regular" sets of chins.  Going to try going back to some density work for a while.  This is the end of this training block, but will carry that idea over to the next one.

On curls, my form actually got stricter throughout this session.  Started playing with unlocking my hips and knees similar to the beginning of an RDL, so that my arms are hanging away from my body at the bottom, and making a point of locking out my elbows prior to the start of each rep.  This is trying to ensure a fuller ROM and also to make it less likely that the elbows drift in front of the bar and remove tension at the top.

Didn't do the back-off sets on DL.  Sometimes in the last week of the block, it's nice to just hit the top set.

No comments: