Thursday, April 29, 2021

Block 14. Cycle 4. Session B.

BW - 220
sRPE @ 8

Dips - 
BW+60X4, 4, 4 @8/8.75
BW+45X4 @7.5
BW+25X9 @ 8

Bench - 
202.5X3 @8
160X10 @7.5
157.5X10 @8.5

Toes-to-Bar - BWX2, 3 @9.5/8.5

Band Chins (under knee) - BWX5, 5, 4 @~7

280 (BW+60)X4 is a Rep PR on Dips, and I got 3 sets.  260 (BW+45) is also a 4X4 PR.  Dips are going so well that I decided to start adding weight to the back-off sets.  I got 15 reps last week, and at my current BW, I'd have to get well North of 20 reps to get a Rep PR anyway.  I think my best BW set is 228X22.  Hard to say if Dips are going so well because of programming, or if I just haven't given them this much focus, (putting them first in the session, earlier in the week, giving them their own accessory movements, etc.) and it's just allowing existing strength to display.  Whatever the case, I'll take it.  Unlikely I'll feel the need to focus on them again next block.

Bench is still rough following Dips.  But performance was basically flat over last week.  Maybe slightly better on the top set.  Keeping Volume down and RPE up on 2nd and 3rd movements to try and manage fatigue.

TTB was a little all over the place.  First set was done on the chin up bar of a power rack that wasn't well secured to the ground.  Not very fun.  Second set was at my usual station.

Band chins started off a bit stronger, but nose-dived a bit on the last set.  For these pure accessory movements, I'm dropping the RPE to keep Volume up.  Opposite of secondary priority movements like Bench.

sRPE was still a touch higher than I'd like.

No comments: